In the world of lever-action firearms, certain models are iconic for their historical ties. One such model is the Marlin Model 336, a gun that harkens back to the brand’s early days due to it being designed based on the Marlin Model 1893. The 1893 was an incredibly popular model, and it and the resulting 336 are credited with making Marlin such a beloved brand. Now, thanks to Ruger, the Marlin Model 336 is back in production and better than ever.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
The Marlin Model 336 Classic is a trusted firearm across generations of deer hunters and this new production promises to deliver everything from reliability to accuracy. And, of course, it has the traditional features that mark it as a classic: a walnut stock and forend, a standard-sized finger loop lever, and a beautifully contrasting gold-colored trigger. The rifle is made according to exacting specifications and tight tolerances to produce the best-performing firearm possible.
Features of the Marlin Model 336 include:
- Chambered in 30-30 Winchester.
- Receiver, lever, and trigger guard plate CNC machined from alloy steel forgings for precision and durability.
- American black walnut stock and forend for a classic look.
- Marlin Horse & Rider medallion in grip.
- Barrel made of alloy steel and cold hammer-forged for fantastically precise rifling for impressive accuracy and longevity.
- Soft rubber buttpad to help offset felt recoil.
- Adjustable semi-buckhorn sights for rapid target acquisition.
- Polished bolt for smooth cycling.
- Offset hammer spur for better overall function and manipulation.
- 6 +1 capacity.
- Overall weight of 7.5 pounds, empty.
- Overall length of 38.625 inches.
- Barrel length of 20.25 inches for improved ballistics.
- 1 in 12 RH twist.
- 6 grooves.
- Satin blued finish for aesthetics and resistance to wear.
This rifle is meant for both lever enthusiasts and hardcore hunters. Thanks to its 20.25-inch barrel it delivers great performance from its 30-30 Winchester chambering, and with an overall empty weight of 7.5 pounds it’s easy to carry in the woods and fields. Sling studs are included for the easy addition of a sling for hands-free carry. Guns come standard with adjustable semi-buckhorn sights.
The Model 336 Classic will be marked “Mayodan, NC,” with an “RM” serial number prefix which stands for Ruger Made. It also features a recognizable red and white bull’s eye in the stock.
The MSRP of the Marlin Model 336 Classic is set at $1239.00.