A couple of months back before SHOT Show 2023 was even a worry in my head I was invited out to Georgia where Safariland hosted a great event at Bill Rogers’ shooting school. This was fitting since Bill Rogers is essentially the father of the modern duty holster and while we were there, we were able to get a firsthand look at the new SafariVault holster, now being officially announced here at SHOT 2023. This new holster represents over a year’s worth of work by Safariland and is a super robust, super secure, and modular weapon retention system.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
More from Safariland @ TFB:
- TFB Behind The Gun Podcast #51: Dave with the Safariland Group
- New Limited Edition Tiger Stripe Camo Holsters from Safariland
- TFB Review: Safariland Schema Minimalist Holster
[SHOT 2023] Safariland Announces the New SafariVault Duty Holster
SafariVault™ – The strongest holster body Safariland has ever built. Its increased structural integrity withstands higher forces and impacts from any direction. SafariVault’s improved ALS™ design reduces flex and increases crush resistance. The all-new self-clearing optic cover accommodates closed and open emitter pistol optics, while
a magnetic holstering guidance system stabilizes the slide while holstering. The intuitive design speeds up time to target and ease of reholstering. SafariVault’s open muzzle design provides clearance for threaded barrels or compensators and allows debris or brass to pass through.
• Increased structural integrity for increased impact resistance.
• Improved ALS™ design reduces holster body flex.
• Self-clearing optic cover accommodates wide range of pistol optics.
• Magnetic guidance system aligns firearm while holstering.
• Minimal learning curve for those with Safariland duty holster experience.
• Pass through muzzle design for threaded barrels, debris or brass.
• Compatible with all Safariland 3-hole pattern accessories.
• Available fits for Glock 17/19/34/45/47 and Sig P320/P320c X-Frame and standard frames.
Based on my first-hand experience with the holster, I would say that the added security and durability feature doesn’t really impede you all that much more if you’re already familiar with the ALS system. During my training sessions with Mr. Bill Rogers, I found that the magnetic guidance system was a huge help with reholstering. The new Safariland SafariVault hasn’t had a hard price or release date set yet but you should probably expect it to come out sometime early this year. For more information on the new SafariVault holster, you can visit https://safariland.com/.