1/17/2023 – Northbrook IL – Trailblazer and Category Leader in Thermal and Night Vision, Armasight announces the Contractor 640 series of weapon mounted thermal optics at SHOT Show 2023.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
The Armasight Contractor 640 is a feature rich thermal weapon sight that brings cutting edge capability in a lightweight yet durable metal alloy housing. Built as a MIL-STD military-grade thermal scope, the Contractor can be used in all environmental conditions to improve object detection in low contrast daylight, total darkness, or through smoke, haze and even light fog. This long eye-relief sight is comfortable to use and features an array of advanced technologies that will maximize your weapon efficiency. The Contractor offers a 60 Hz 1024×768 AMOLED display resolution, USB and WiFi video streaming, shot-activated recording capabilities, 4 hours of onboard video recording, and low battery consumption from standard CR123A batteries.
The Contractor 640 features eight user-selectable reticles and six color palettes, allowing for a wide range of customized options to best suit the specific needs presented by the environment or mission specific needs. The Contractor 640 also comes equipped with a digital compass, inclinometer, and stadiametric reticles that help users calculate distance, direction, and angles.
Advanced hardware is in place to be able to take advantage of emerging technologies to expand stability and functionality with standard firmware updates. The Armasight app, available on iOS and Android, allows for remote control of the unit, photo and video capture, live streaming, GPS location and updates to the unit. Updates can also be completed through a USB connection within the Contractor.
The Contractor 640 will ship with integrated quick-detach mount to attach to any standard 1913 Picatinny rail.
The Contractor is now available through brick & mortar and ecommerce dealers.
- 640 ArmaCORE™ – 12 micro, Made In The USA thermal Core
- 60 Hz 1024×768 display
- 4hrs on board recording
- 4hr run time on full charge
- USB and WiFi streaming
- Eight user-selectable reticles and six color palettes
- Contractor 640 2.3-9.2x35mm – $5499
- Contractor 640 3-12x50mm – $5799
- Contractor 640 4.8-19.2x75mm – $6999
Armasight is a leading brand and manufacturer of innovative, high-performance Night Vision, Thermal Imaging, and Electro-Optics. Armasight is headquartered in Northbrook, IL and maintains manufacturing in several locations across the USA.
Keep up with all things News.
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!
– The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
– Affiliate Disclaimer: Guns and Tactics is reader/viewer supported. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.