The handguard of your rifle isn’t just taking up empty space, it’s giving you real estate for accessories and protection for the gun’s barrel and gas tube. When selecting a handguard it’s important to be sure the features fit the purpose, and in the case of the Fortis MFG Camber Handguard System, versatility and rigidity are the keys.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
Fortis MFG provides details of the handguards:
The Fortis Camber AR15 Rail System featuring [our] Camber Lock mounting system is the next evolution of our extremely popular handguards. Built for the end user that requires an even more rock solid platform. The Camber Lock is one of the industries’ most solid mounting systems available. The stainless steel barrel nut & locking camber nuts are purpose built for rigidity & weight savings.
Installation only requires a high-quality castle nut wrench (not included) and with an included T30 Torx L-Key, you’ll lock the rail down in a matter of minute. This rail system is very easy to install and more importantly, remove to service your weapon. MLOK slots in the usual 3, 6 & 9 O’clock positions with additional MLOK slots at the 1:30, 4:30, 7:30 & 10:30 positions for all your light & switch needs.
Features of the 11.8-inch handguard include:
- Material: Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Length: 11.8 inches
Weight – Handguard: 8.36 ouncesWeight – Barrel Nut: 2.9 ounces
- Internal Diameter: 1.34 inches
- Rail: Continuous Picatinny Top Rail
- Compatibility: MLOK at 3, 6, & 9 o’clock — ADDITIONAL off-set location at the front of the handguard
- Finish: Type III Hard-coat Anodized
- Barrel Nut: Stainless Steel Barrel Nut (Castle Nut Wrench Compatible)
- Made in the USA
- 6.7″ Handguard mates perfectly with a 7.5″ Barrel
- 9.6″ Handguard mates perfectly with a 10.3″ or 10.5″ Barrel
- 11.8″ Handguard mates perfectly with a 12.5″ Barrel
- 13.8″ Handguard mates perfectly with a 14.5″ Barrel
- 15.3″ Handguard mates perfectly with a 16.1″ Barrel
This handguard system is designed to be durable and resistant to the wear and tear associated with heavy use. According to the manufacturer, this is a purpose-driven component, and the features certainly speak to that being true. Aside from the sturdy overall construction of the handguards, they’re easy to install using the secure design implemented by Fortis. They’re also versatile thanks to full-length Picatinny rails and M-LOK compatibility. Adding aftermarket accessories to your rifle is simple with these handguards.
MSRP for the Fortis MFG Camber Handguard System varies by model but starts at $229.95.
Which length handguard do you prefer? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.