We continue our Autumn in Maine series with a popular backcountry pistol chambered in 10mm. The GLOCK 29 is a compact version of the GLOCK 20, reducing the barrel, slide, and grip length enough to be more concealable than a full-sized handgun. Keep in mind that the GLOCK G29 is not as compact as its cousin the GLOCK 26 chambered in 9mm. It is a large frame GLOCK with a wide grip and will practically end any ideas you had of pocket carry. But in the northern states, where moose, bear, and other large animals can be a problem, most of us feel slightly under-gunned with a 9mm pistol.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
More @ TFB:
- Autumn in Maine: Reviving the Ruger Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in .45-70 Govt
- Which Best Millimeter Glock Is Best? Glock 20SF vs. Glock 29SF With MASSIVE Gel Test!
- SILENCER SATURDAY #199: Primal Vs Hybrid 46M – Suppressed Subsonic .45-70 Government
Autumn in Maine: GLOCK 29, SilencerCo Hybrid 45M, Kraken Case Company
Why America isn’t on the metric system is a debate for a blog other than TFB (personally, I think moving a decimal point is easier than trying to fractionalize inches or ounces). The awkward segue here is the massive love for firearms chambered in millimeter rounds. For example, 9mm has surpassed .45 ACP and .40 S&W in popularity in the last two decades. And while .357 and .44 Mag loads are certainly still viable for personal protection, the 10mm cartridge is much better suited for pistol use. As a reminder, revolvers are not pistols.
GLOCK G29 Gen4 – 10mm
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g29-gen4
- Owners Manual: (Download)
- Caliber: 10mm Auto
- Magazine Capacity: 10 (15 optional)
- Length: 6.97″
- Width: 1.38″
- Height: 4.53″
- Barrel Length: 3.78″
- Weight (empty magazine): 26.81 oz
- Weight (loaded magazine): 32.63 oz
While the practicality of pistol suppressors is certainly debatable, outfitting the G29 with a SilencerCo Hybrid 46M seemed like a logical Maine-type setup. The 46M can serve a whole host of, well, hosts. It is modular and be shortened to a compact sub six inches in length. And it sounds great, even with some heavy Buffalo Bore or Underwood Ammo full power loads.
SilencerCo Hybrid 46M
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid-46m/
- Owners Manual: omega-36m-hybrid-46m.pdf
- Caliber Compatibility: 9MM to 45 ACP / 5.56 NATO to 45–70 GOV & up to 338 LM
- MSRP: $1,117
- Weight: 12.2 – 14.9 oz
- Length: 5.78 – 7.72”
- Diameter: 1.57″
- Materials: 17–4 SS, Titanium, & Inconel
Keeping everything secure and dry is a priority while you are out exploring the woods in the Fall. Kraken Case Company has developed an innovative memory foam that doesn’t need cutting, plucking, or shaping. The foam also doesn’t retain any moisture and is cut resistant so you don’t have to worry about your gear puncturing it when you close the case. For hunters, shooters, and outdoor lovers, Kraken Cases open up a lot of travel storage possibilities.
Kraken Case Company – Gamma
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://krakencases.com/
- Exterior: 10.7 x 9.8 x 4.9″ (27.43 x 25.02 x 12.37cm)
- Interior: 9.2 x 7.1 x 4.1” (24.13 x 18.67 x 10.41cm)
- Watertight, Airtight, and Crush Resistant
- Molded-In Padlock Holes
- KRAKEN Foam