Lever-action rifles aren’t only a part of the family of guns that won the West, they’re versatile platforms capable of fulfilling a variety of needs. The Marlin 1895 Guide Gun, which is made by Ruger, is one such purpose-driven rifle. Chambered in the hard-hitting 45-70 Government cartridge, it’s designed to get the job done (whatever the job might be).
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
Ruger provides details of the Marlin rifle:
Formerly known as an “1895 GBL” (Guide Big Loop), this model is Ruger’s first reintroduction in the Guide Gun family of rifles and Ruger’s first introduction of an alloy steel Marlin rifle with a blued finish.
Chambered in .45-70 Govt., this rifle features a 19” cold hammer-forged barrel with a 1:20” twist. The threaded barrel (11/16”- 24), comes with a match-polished thread protector and will accommodate common muzzle devices.
This Guide Gun sports a handsome brown laminate stock with crisp checkering to help maintain a good grip in virtually all weather conditions. This rifle also utilizes a traditional, fully adjustable semi-buckhorn sight system. The alloy steel receiver, big loop lever, and trigger guard plate feature a non-glare, blued, satin finish. The bolt is nickel-plated for smooth cycling and durability.
CEO and President of Ruger, Chris Killoy, said:
The Guide Gun is our next step in the expansion of the Marlin line. Marlin fans should be encouraged by the growth in product offerings and know that we are going to continuously expand into other models.
This is a side-loading, side-ejecting gun. The oversized loop makes it easier to manipulate when wearing gloves, and the laminate finish offers protection from wear and tear.
- Durable, laminate buttstock and forend with sharp checkering remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions.
- 11/16″-24 threaded barrel is made of alloy steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
- Glass bead-blasted components for a satin finish.
- Adjustable semi-buckhorn sights are great for quick target acquisition.
- Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves.
- Nickel-plated bolt aids smooth cycling.
- Manufacturer: Ruger, for Marlin
- Model: 1895 Guide Gun
- Caliber: 45-70 Gov’t
- Capacity: 6 +1
- Stock: Brown laminate
- Material: Alloy steel
- Finish: Satin blued
- Front sight: Brass bead with hood
- Rear sight: Semi-buckhorn
- Weight: 7.4 pounds
- Overall length: 37.25 inches
- Length of pull: 13.38 inches
- Barrel length: 19.10 inches
- Thread pattern: 11/16 inches-24
- Thread cap: Match polished
- Barrel: Cold hammer-forged alloy steel
- Twist rate: 1 in 20 RH
- Grooves: 6
MSRP for the Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70 Gov’t is set at $1149.00.