Choosing a gun for defensive purposes can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. After all, choosing from handguns designed and manufactured by respected, proven gun makers is a great way to simplify the process. The Wilson Combat SFT9 is an example of a well-made handgun created specifically for superior performance and excellent concealability, and it’s a double-stack, too. Read on to learn more.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
Wilson Combat provides details about the pistol:
The foundation of the SFT9 begins as a solid block of the highest quality T6-7075 Aluminum that is precision machined on computer controlled machining centers until all that remains is the finished one-piece solid frame. The solid frame design is more rugged than other firearm designs with a modular grip/frame construction and thinner, with a width of only 1.155 inches. The reduced diameter of the Wilson Combat Solid Frame along with the TRAK grip strap texture improves recoil control and reduces muzzle flip during rapid fire.
The Commander length slide and barrel are precisely machined in-house at our facility in Berryville, Arkansas where our gunsmiths then handfit each 4¼ inch Match-Grade Bushing style Barrel for a lifetime of top performance. Each gun is rigorously tested prior to shipment to ensure that it meets our exacting reliability and accuracy standards. The end result is an easy to shoot handgun that is ready for high round count range sessions and every day defensive carry.
Features of the Wilson Combat SFT9
- High-Capacity Compact Size, Solid Body Aluminum TRAK-Frame
- TRAK Texture Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof Hammer
- Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Lightweight Pad
- Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- Countersunk Slide Stop
- 4.25” Stainless Steel Slide
- Black DLC Finish on Slide
- Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight
- 4.25” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI serrated Rear of Slide
- Wide Front and Rear Cocking Serrations
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
This is a double-stack 9mm pistol with a 15 +1 capacity. The grip features the company’s classic starburst pattern and texturing to facilitate a solid hold on the gun and serrations are located at the front and back of the slide. According to the gun maker, the SFT9 was created to be durable, reliable, and concealable.
Check out the video to learn more about the Wilson Combat SFT9:
- Available Calibers: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 4.25”
- Overall Length: 7.85”
- Sight Radius: 5.95”
- Height: 5.25”
- Width: 1.155”
- Weight Empty: 29.8 oz
- Weight Loaded: 36.5 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5 inches at 25 yds
What do you think of the Wilson Combat SFT9? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.