Nosler is well known for producing high-quality loading components and ammunition, so it comes as no surprise that their ASP line of handgun ammo is solid. The Nosler ASP ammo and bullets adhere to the company’s strict standards for quality control and performance and are well worth a closer look. You might not have considered the ammo maker for supplying your handgun-related needs before, but it’s time you do.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
The National Shooting Sports Federation released details of the Nosler ASP loads:
Nosler has developed some of the industry’s most iconic hunting bullets, including the Accubond, Partition, and Ballistic Tip. Now the company is hoping that their…ASP (Assured Stopping Power) projectile will be the new standard bearer in the defense-bullet sector. The ASP bullet is designed with one purpose in mind: neutralizing a threat. To accomplish this, the jacketed hollow point comes with skives that initiate expansion at a range of impact velocities. The jacket helps retains weight, creating a great deal of hydrostatic shock that is transferred to the target. Nosler is offering ASP ammunition in four calibers: 9mm Luger (115, 124, and 147 grain), .40 S&W (150 and 180 grain), 10mm (180 grain), and .45 ACP (230 grain). Subsonic loads will be available for the 9mm and .45 ACP, and ASP component bullets will be available as well.
Nosler ASP, which stands for Assured Stopping Power, is made for self-defense. The ammo maker created ASP to provide gun owners with reliable, superior-performing defense loads, and they also offer the bullets as a loading component. ASP is available in the following loads:
- 9mm 115 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 9mm 124 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 9mm 147 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 40 Smith and Wesson 150 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 40 Smith and Wesson 180 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 10mm Auto 180 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 45 ACP 185 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
- 45 ACP 230 grain Jacketed Hollow Point
Nosler provides details of their handgun line:
Nosler Assured Stopping Power (ASP) ammunition line combines match-grade accuracy with a reliable, effective, hollow-point bullet. Evolving from the Match Grade ammunition line, ASP ammunition is loaded with the same quality and attention to detail that Match Grade users have come to expect, with the addition of an expanding hollow-point bullet designed specifically for duty and defensive use. Loaded in Nosler headstamped brass, and utilizing quality components throughout, the ASP ammunition can be relied upon to perform in a wide variety of applications and ranges. Equally at home on duty or in a defensive role, Law Enforcement professionals and civilians alike can rest assured that ASP™ ammunition will perform when needed.
- Skived bullet jacket engineered for reliable expansion at a range of impact velocities
- Controlled expansion and penetration for effective energy transfer
- Jacket mouth designed for smooth, reliable feeding
- Consistent performance and accuracy
- Suppressor Ready offerings designed for reliable expansion at subsonic velocity
The Nosler ASP line promises to be a stellar defensive option for handgunners focused on self-defense. What do you think?