AR pistols have it all: Portability, durability, and versatility. They make fantastic truck guns, great firearms for home defense, and fun pistols for the range. You can even take them hunting, depending on the caliber and associated game. The Maxim Defense MD9 includes a trio of AR pistols chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum that are designed for tactical superiority and superior performance.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
9mm is a proven cartridge with decades of solid service behind it. Loaded into an AR platform pistol, it’s a solid choice for defensive purposes. Of course, it’s also fun to shoot, which is an added bonus.
Features of the Maxim Defense MD9 include an ALG Combat trigger, a Radian charging handle, and a Maxim CQB brace. The magazine release is ambidextrous, which is an excellent feature whether you’re left-handed or simply want to run the gun mirror. As mentioned, it’s a 9mm, and is compatible with Glock 19 magazines, meaning capacity can vary quite a bit. The MD9 is manufactured using military-grade materials and a MIL-SPEC coating. It’s meant to be highly versatile, and it is certainly that.
The MD9 is available in Urban Grey, Arid, or Black, with either a brace or buffer tube.
Maxim Defense released details of the MD9 line:
When you’re looking for Maxim Defense ingenuity in a new standard AR-9, the MD-9 is your answer. The MD-9 was engineered to fit the growing demand for cutting-edge AR9 style rifles for today’s Military and commercial market.
For increased comfort and versatility every MDX features our free-floating barrel with our custom handguard. These handguards provide a monolithic-like upper receiver platform and M-Slot compatibility.
- Flash hider.
- M-Rax and M-Slot compatible handguard.
- Military-grade materials.
- 5.8” barrel.
- ALG Combat trigger.
- Radian charging handle and selector.
- Maxim CQB brace.
- Ambidextrous magazine release.
- Fully floated barrel.
- Last round hold open.
- Compatible with all Glock 9mm pattern magazines, G19 and longer
- MIL-SPEC+ coatings and materials
- Fully and easily serviceable
- Disassembles with readily available tools
- Caliber: 9x19mm Parabellum
- Barrel Thread Pitch: ½-28
- Material Composition: 7075 Aluminum and tool steel
- Finish: Nitride and Type III Anodizing
- Barrel Length: 5.8 inches [147.32mm]
- Overall Length: 20 inches [508mm] (collapsed)
- Weight: 6 pounds, 1 ounce [2.75 kilograms]
- Barrel Material: 4150 CrMoV
- Muzzle Velocity:1,150 feet per second (using Federal FMJ 124 grain)
The Maxim Defense MD9 has an MSRP of $1995.00, regardless of which of the three designs you choose.
AR pistols make awesome truck guns. Do you have one that you use as a truck gun or for home defense? Tell us about your AR pistol experiences in the comments section below.