Griffin Armament has been satisfying customers for nearly two decades with cutting edge sound suppressors. Suppressors offering active retention systems are often times demanded by government customers and Griffin has spent considerable research and development efforts to engineer and manufacture a next generation system in this category. A quality mounting system should be accurate, robust, reliable, require minimal training, and be free of wear prone metal on metal teeth or ratchets, thereby guaranteeing a longer trouble-free service life with minimal maintenance needed. Griffin’s patent pending DUAL-LOK™ mounting system was designed around these objectives. The suppressor itself should have minimal flash signature, minimal weight, minimal POI shift, minimal gas blow back, maximum strength, durability, and sound performance. These were the company internal performance categories that were scrutinized and met during the development.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to follow and signup for notifications!
Griffin Armament was the US pioneer of tubeless suppressor technology when in 2010 nearly the whole Griffin centerfire suppressor line was engineered this way. If lower system weights are desired, tubeless construction is ideal, as traditional double walled construction is omitted. Deleting the outer tube saves weight but also imposes other engineering difficulties which need to be overcome. However, with over a decade of tubeless suppressor manufacturing experience, Griffin has matched or exceeded the durability and useful service life of traditionally constructed suppressors of yesteryear. High-quality materials from industry leading suppliers, cutting edge CAD design, industry leading tooling and machining practices, and integration of laser welding provides needed repeatable and ideal weld strength to the tubless DUAL-LOK™ suppressors.
Internal flow and balancing of optimized sound suppression is also a fundamental study in suppressor engineering, as that is the chief reason to use the items. Griffin has integrated it’s patented ECO-FLOW™ baffle design into these suppressors. This design provides optimal flash reduction, and flow, which reduces blow back in semi-automatic and full automatic operating systems. This provides the end user with reduced sound pressure and gas at the shooters ear and face, a more enjoyable shooting experience. The patent pending flash hiding end cap features high performance internal and external flash reducing features as well as optimally tuned gas vents which not only enhance flash reduction even further but also increases sound performance to ECO-FLOW™ baffles.
The DUAL-LOK™ mounting system is machined into the suppressor body, for maximum accuracy and durability. It features a precision taper interface (one locking feature) between the mount and the device ensuring accuracy and repeatable POI shift. An ACME thread, provides speed and ease of attachment. A robust 718 Inconel wave spring provides a reliable and positive heat resistant spring action to the redundant locking collar (second locking feature). The locking collar is semi permanently installed to the mount via factory pressed splined taper pins. Since the mount has no wear prone metal on metal sliding actions like many other mounts, there is no need for the operator to disassemble the system. This locking ring includes three anti-rotation teeth which ensure the suppressor will not come off inadvertently. The muzzle device integrates 60 machined anti-rotation splines which is doubled by the collar’s two locking positions. How is this achieved?
The collar’s two locking positions are machined out of phase of one another by 3 degrees which provides the system with 120 different locations to lock and ensures that when the suppressor is firmly screwed onto the taper a locking spline will be at an ideal location to ensure a rigid and locked suppressor. When the suppressor is firmly attached, only one of the two lock positions will work allowing the spring to push the locking collar rearward over the splines. Every time the operator attaches the suppressor, they will articulate the collar to this same locking position.
Substantial efforts are taken in the manufacturing and inspection of the DUAL-LOK™ products to ensure Griffin customers are outfitted with some of the best suppressor systems in the world.
“The DUAL-LOK™ suppressors are world class, cutting edge suppressors second to none. I have obsessed over silencer research and design from a young age and was bent on combining best available technology from every facet of our R&D into one product family. We are dedicating ourselves to this product group moving forward. Expect to see it prevalent throughout industry for years to come. I have confidence that demanding customers will be well satisfied by this invention.”
– Austin Green, Founder and Engineer
DUAL-LOK™ suppressors are machined in Griffin’s Watertown Wisconsin facility by freedom loving Americans.
Key points :
- Utility patents pending
- Wear free mounting system, requires no consumable parts
- Taper lock interface ensures security and accuracy
- ACME thread provides speed of attachment
- Locking ring incorporates 3 anti-rotation teeth to eliminate inadvertent loosening
- 120 effective positions ensure a rock-solid suppressor mount and provide extremely low POI shift
- 17-4 stainless steel & 718 Inconel
- Laser welded tubeless design
- Patent pending flash reducing and flow optimized end cap
- ¾” wrench flats on muzzle devices
- Collar Nitrided black for increased surface hardness, corrosion, and wear resistance
- Suppressor body H900 heat treated and Cerekoted
DUAL-LOK™ 5 Specs:
- DIMS: 1.47”x 6.06”
- Weight: 11.9oz
- Sound pressure Level: 135db – 11.5in 5.56mm Griffin MK1
- MSRP: 1045.00
DUAL-LOK™ 7 Specs:
- DIMS: 1.47”x 7”
- Weight: 12.6oz
- Sound pressure Level: 139DB – 16in 308 win AR10 / 125db 9.5in 300BLK SUB Griffin MK1 / 136db 11.5in 5.56mm Griffin MK1
- MSRP: 1095.00
Muzzle devices supported :
- DUAL-LOK™ Minimalist muzzle brake
- DUAL-LOK™ Minimalist flash hider
- DUAL-LOK™ 2.25” Stealth Flash Hider
- DUAL-LOK™ Tactical Compensator
- DUAL-LOK™ Titanium Minimalist Brake (6AL4V)
Thread pitches supported:
- 1/2×28 (.22cal & 9mm)
- 5/8×24 (.30cal & .45cal)
- 14x1mm LH (.30cal)
- 18x1mm (.30cal & .338cal)
- 3/4×24 (.30cal & .338cal)
To find out more on Griffin Armament’s entire product line, please visit their website at www.GriffinArmament.com.
Don’t miss anything, check out all the latest news.
Want more posts like this one? Subscribe to Guns & Tactics to receive email updates and special offers direct to your inbox!
– The views and opinions expressed on this web site are solely those of the original authors and contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Guns & Tactics, the administrative staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.
– Affiliate Disclaimer: Guns and Tactics is reader/viewer supported. This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.